The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, business done!
TOP STORY: Real Madrid to make last move for Haaland
Real Madrid set to make move for in-demand Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland after Manchester City intensified their interest in recent weeks, writes sport.
It is reported that the La Liga giants have made an approach for the 21-year-old Norwegian star as Los Blancos are keen to respond to Pep Guardiola’s attempts to persuade him to join the Premier League.
Just as the two teams are set to meet in the Champions League semi-finals later this month, the two clubs will also face off for the signing of Haaland.
Haaland kept his cards close to his chest as to where his future might be. Nevertheless, with BVB focusing on signing FC Salzburg Karim Adeyemi As Haaland’s replacement, the German club look set to lose their star striker despite previous efforts to keep him as his €75m release clause kicks in this year.
Haaland has scored 25 goals in as many games in all competitions for Dortmund this season, including two in Sunday’s 6-1 Bundesliga win over Wolfsburg.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
11.17 BST: Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could leave the club this summer, but not for less than a £40m transfer fee, claims The star of the day.
Henderson, 25, is behind David de Gea in the pecking order and will want to play more regularly, so he could be looking for an exit when the transfer window opens again. Newcastle attempted to sign the England international in January and could be well placed to make another offer, although it is possible they will balk at the price unless United are willing to negotiate.
10.26 BST: Aberdeen right-back Calvin Ramsey is on Liverpool’s radar, according to The sun.
Ramsay, 18, could arrive as an understudy for Trent Alexandre-Arnold as their similar styles of play could give Liverpool greater depth.
The move can see neco williamswho joined Fulham on loan, is making a permanent exit this summer.
10.02 BST: Tottenham are already ready to commit 80 million euros for loan signings Christian Romero and Dejan Kulusevsky permanent, but the club plan to support Antonio Conte more this summer as he tries to turn Spurs into Premier League title contenders, sources have told ESPN.
Conte has publicly indicated the north Londoners will pay Atalanta the fixed €55m fee for Romero while sources have told ESPN he is pushing for Kulusevski’s temporary transfer from Juventus to be made official by taking an option to buy the winger for 30 million euros.
Conte has ambitious plans to overhaul his squad with sources suggesting a right-back, centre-back, midfielder, substitute striker and substitute goalkeeper are his top priorities; a list that senior Tottenham officials are prepared to back in principle despite the club recording a pre-tax loss of £80.2million in their latest financial figures last November.
09:00 BST: Erik ten Hagwho is set to take charge of Manchester United, wants to sign the Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouamenisources told ESPN.
Ten Hag discussed his thoughts on the United squad as part of his interview for the job at Old Trafford last month and official confirmation of his appointment could come as early as the end of April.
United’s recruitment department has also finalized the shortlists of players in each position for the summer transfer window, and Ten Hag will be allowed to present his own targets. Among them is Tchouameni, the 22-year-old midfielder who is enjoying a fine season in Ligue 1. Tchouameni first impressed under former Monaco manager Niko Kovac and raised his game further under Philippe Clément, after arriving in january.
Shaka Hislop finds it baffling that a struggling Man United side can still qualify for the Champions League.
GOSSIP PAPER (by Adam Brown)
– Manchester United caretaker manager Ralf Rangnick discussed the future of Cristiano Ronaldo after scoring a hat trick in the Red Devils’ 3-2 win over Norwich City in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon. As quoted by Manchester Evening NewsAsked about the 37-year-old striker’s future at Old Trafford, he said: “It’s ultimately not my decision. Cristiano has one more year on his contract, it will be a decision the new manager will make, with board of directors.”
– Marseille are preparing to fend off interest from Villarreal and Sevilla for Amine Haritaccording to foot market. The 24-year-old is on loan at the Ligue 1 side, and the latest report reveals that they are already negotiating with Schalke to make his stay permanent. Harit has made 24 appearances this season for Marseille, contributing six goals.
– Carlo Ancelotti claimed that Luka Modric will end his career at Real Madrid. The 36-year-old midfielder’s contract is due to expire this summer and speaking on the current situation between the LaLiga side and Modric’s representatives, as quoted by fabrice romanohe said: “Modric will finish his career here at Real Madrid. I don’t know when, but it will happen. It’s the idea of the club and Luka.”
– The future of the Barcelona striker Martin Braithwaite could become clearer with reports that two clubs are showing an interest in La Liga. Calciomercato reveals that Valencia and Celta Vigo are considering making a move for the 30-year-old Denmark international who found himself out of manager Xavi Hernandez’s plans. It is reported that he would be willing to make the switch to either interested side, although no official offer has yet been made.
– Inter Miami CF plans to offer Sergio Ramos a two-year, written contract Ekrem Konour. The 36-year-old centre-back has failed to live up to expectations at Paris Saint-Germain since leaving Real Madrid last summer. this season.