Camp schedules are subject to change. (See reddeerrebels.com for ice schedules)
BLACK AND WHITE GAME
Training Camp 2022 concludes Wednesday, September 7 with the Black and White Game at 7 p.m. at Peavey Mart Centrium. Fans are welcome to attend, with admission being a donation to the Red Deer Firefighters Children’s Charity.
CLEARANCE SALE AND OPEN HOUSE
Also during the Black and White Game on September 7, Rebels fans can check out a garage sale featuring Rebels gear and apparel from years past, and an open house to find out what season seats and 9-game packs are available. for the 2022-23 season.
Single tickets for 2022 WHL regular season games at the Peavey Mart Centrium go on sale Thursday, September 1. Visit reddeerrebels.com or ticketsalberta.com for details.
The Rebels will play four games in the 2022 WHL preseason. The Rebels visit the Calgary Hitmen on Friday, September 9 before hosting the Hitmen at the Peavey Mart Centrium the following evening, Saturday. Sept. 10 at 7 p.m.
Then, on Friday, September 16, the Rebels will visit the Lethbridge Hurricanes before hosting the Hurricanes at the Peavey Mart Centrium on Saturday. Sept. 17 at 7 p.m.
Tickets for all games are available from Tickets Alberta.
The regular season game kicks off for the Rebels on Friday, Sept. 23 when they visit the Edmonton Oil Kings (7 p.m.). The Rebels next host the Oil Kings for the home opener at the Peavey Mart Centrium on Saturday, Sept. 24 at 7 p.m.
More details will be announced in the coming weeks.
It’s been another busy and exciting off-season for the Red Deer Rebels. Here are some important points:
– After leading the WHL with 52 goals last season, Rebels center Ben King was selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the fourth round of the 2022 NHL Draft in Montreal in July
– Four Rebels players attended NHL development camps: King (Anaheim), Jace Weir (Vegas), Christoffer Sedoff (Calgary), Jayden Grubbe (NY Rangers)
– Rebels forward Kalan Lind won gold as a member of Team Canada at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup tournament played at the Peavey Mart Centrium in early August
– Building on the team’s success last season, the Rebels have made several key acquisitions to strengthen their roster:
- August 29 – Acquired 18-year-old defenseman Mats Lindgren from the Kamloops Blazers
- August 9 – Acquisition of 19-year-old forward Craig Armstrong from the Prince George Cougars
- July 26 – 16-year-old Czech defenseman Vojtech Port, selected in the 2022 CHL Import Draft, signed
- July 20 – Acquired 20-year-old defenseman Tanner Brown from Winnipeg ICE
- May 19 – Kyle Kelsey, 18-year-old goaltender, Moose Jaw Warriors
Details of each of these transactions are available at reddeerrebels.com.